Axis M7001 Covert Video Server/Encoder
The one-channel Axis M7001 Video Encoder offers a highly compact design with superb H.264 performance. The M7001 provides an easy and cost-effective solution for integrating small or large numbers of analog CCTV cameras into an IP-based video surveillance system.
Axis Video Servers/Encoders provide easy integration with traditional analog systems, ensuring a smooth migration toward an IP solution.
Axis M7001 Covert Video Encoder Product Overview
The palm-sized, standalone Axis M7001 is designed for installation close to an analog camera. The M7001 supports all types of analog cameras including PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) and PTZ domes.
The Axis M7001 is perfect for small and large analog video installations, especially where an IP network infrastructure is already in place. The M7001's small size also makes it ideal for use in discreet surveillance applications, for example, in retail stores and banks, and in camera housings.
The Axis M7001 can deliver two simultaneous video streams, one in H.264 and another in Motion JPEG, at full frame rate in all resolutions up to D1 (720x480 in NTSC, 720x576 in PAL).
The Axis M7001 H.264 video compression format drastically reduces bandwidth and storage requirements without compromising image quality. Motion JPEG is supported for increased flexibility. The M7001 also provides video motion detection. The Axis M7001 is powered over Ethernet using the same cable as for data transmission, which simplifies installation.
Axis M7001 Features and Functions
- Micro-sized, single channel video server, ideal for covert analog cameras
- Power over Ethernet
- PTZ support
- Simultaneous H.264 and Motion JPEG
- H.264 Frame Rate: Up to 30 fps NTSC/ 25 fps PAL
- JPEG Frame Rate: Up to 30 fps NTSC/ 25 fps PAL
- Resolution: 160x120 to 720x480 (NTSC)
- Resolution: 160x144 to 720x576 (PAL)
- 1 Analog composite video BNC coaxial input, NTSC/PAL autosensing
- 1 RJ45 10/100 PoE input for IP network
- 2.5mm analog composite video tele plug input
- RS-485/ RS-422
Axis M7001 Package Contents:
- M7001 Video Server
- Installation Guide
- User's Manual
- CD with installation and management tools
- Mounting kit
- 1 Windows decoder user license