Integrating a paging system with your VoIP phone system can be a daunting task. Here at VoIP Supply we have helped many customers through the process from start to finish. Here are 6 questions you’ll want to answer prior to your deployment.
1. Did you consider using an existing analog paging system? There are options to integrate your VoIP phone system to an existing analog paging system. You do not get the full feature set of a complete IP system but it is a great way to start and see the benefits first hand.
Check out the snom PA-1 to easily connect analog paging systems your VoIP system.
2. What is the main reason you will be needing a paging system? Intercom paging, …
Editor’s Note: This article was originally posted in August 2010 and has been fully updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in October 2015.
If you are researching into deploying a VoIP Telephony System on your own for the first time, you are probably seeing FXS and FXO acronyms all over the place. When you’re new to VoIP and learning it can be very difficult. Hopefully I can help to make a little sense of FXS/FXO for you.
Let’s start with FXS Ports
FXS stands for foreign exchange subscriber. Since that is so clear and makes so much sense I can stop there right? Not! So clearly the actual meaning of these words isn’t going to help us remember or understand what they mean.
FXS is an …
Over the last couple years Microsoft Lync, formerly Microsoft Office Communicator, has been gaining a larger share of both the enterprise and the SOHO/SMB unified communication market. If you ask a room of people in the know about UC platforms what Lync 2013 is you’ll most likely get a group response reminiscent of students repeating a lesson back to a teacher that “Lync is a unified communications platform that provides a single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and a great meeting experience” or something along those lines.
Ask a follow up question what the difference between a device that is Optimized for Lync compared to one that is Compatible with Lync and you’re more than likely to hear the sound of few …
10. RCA VoIP Phones. Name brands you have come to know and trust in your home have begun to emerge in the VoIP market. RCA VoIP phones for instance, along with Panasonic and AT&T, have begun to offer SIP phones that bring the consumer-friendly look and feel to your office. The most popular model, the RCA IP150, runs on an Android O/S and brings the Smartphone user experience to your desk.
9. Cisco SPA112 and SPA122. So long PAP2T and SPA2102! The new Cisco ATA’s are smaller, sexier, and more robust!
8. Panasonic KX-TGP550 and KX-TPA50. With the passing of the Aastra CT Phones, the demand for a corded IP deskphone and a cordless DECT satellite handset was more focused …
Sangoma is a Canadian based manufacturer of hardware and software components in the VoIP market. This includes a variety of analog telephony, digital voice, data, digital-analog hybrid and transcoding PCI cards but I am going to focus on their A100 digital cards. More specially I am going to take a look at the four parts of the name that help you understand what you’re ordering, making sure you purchase the right card. I am not going to discuss the specs of the card but you can read those on the datasheet here.
Sangoma A100 Naming Conventions
A1 – When a Sangoma PCI card name starts with A1 this lets you know that it is part of their digital series of cards. These cards can …
We are really excited to offer Obihai VoIP adapters as an option for VoIP connectivity for the residential or small business user. Obihai offers an opportunity to make free or low cost calls over the internet using existing analog devices for most users. Using your choice of a SIP VoIP service provider or Google Voice, the OBi100 and OBi110 are low cost VoIP adapters that can be easily configured by even the non-technical user to save a ton of money on voice calling.
What is it?
The OBi100 and OBi110 are VoIP adapters supporting 1 analog device such as an analog phone or fax machine. The OBi100 series will connect to almost any SIP service provider or Google Voice. The OBi100 features 1 FXS …
Three years ago if you asked us what the hottest open source platform was for your IP PBX, we would have said Trixbox CE. It was free, easy to use, and always being
updated. Well the one thing that is certain around here is death, taxes, and CHANGE! With Trixbox CE going the way of the geese up here in Buffalo, NY, we have found that Elastix is quickly becoming the platform of choice when installing a new IP PBX. In fact, Elastix is more than just a phone system… it can be your entire UC strategy!
Elastix as an IP PBX
Elastix is an open source, Asterisk based UC system which can be downloaded and run on any PC, server, or laptop. I …
Last week, in Part 1 of this series,
I posted about how great the 3CX phone system is and how feature rich it is. In addition to all the features that 3CX is known for, you can also add on modules to help solve your specific problems such as the 3CX Call Center
and 3CX Hotel Module
3CX Call Center Additional Features:
- Advanced Real Time stats involved queues such as monitor live queue status and review number of callers in queue
- Advanced Agent statistics such as time logged in and out of queue, number of calls answered/unanswered, average wait time
- Call back feature – allows customers to hang up and retain their position in queue. Agent will call customer back when they are
Starting September 1st, Digium will be changing the way Switchvox is sold.
In the past when you have been quoted for a new Switchvox UC system, your quote included a Switchvox appliance, complete UC package, and licensing for 10 users at the Silver level.
Beginning September 1st, the appliance and the UC package will no longer be bundled with 10 users and phone feature packs.
Why the Change?…
If you are looking to upgrade your VoIP System to a newer one or upgrade your VoIP phones to the latest and greatest, perhaps you have thought about what to do with your old VoIP Equipment.
VoIP Supply is a fantastic place to start your research. VoIP Supply’s Reclaim program buys back old VoIP equipment and gives you credit towards your new VoIP System or VoIP Phones.
How Reclaim Program Works
First, you need to accept the fact that you have old VoIP equipment and you have to want to get rid of it.
There is no room for hoarders in the Reclaim program. Once you have accepted that fact and are ready to be out with the old, contact our Reclaim Specialist, Mike Rehac. Email …