We like to volunteer and help our neighbors through local charities.
VoIP Supply has embarked on a “Year of Giving” to give back to our Buffalo and Western New York community.
Based in Amherst, NY, VoIP Supply is a Certified B Corporation (B Corp) committed to running a sustainable business with higher standards of social and environmental performance.
“We like to be an example to our fellow local businesses,” said Ben Sayers, CEO of VoIP Supply. “VoIP Supply puts people ahead of profits and that hasn’t hurt us; we’ve proven that a company can still be successful while acting responsibly.”
“Mostly I’m proud that our people share VoIP Supply’s vision by donating their time and helping out local charities,” said Sayers.
Our charitable efforts have already started and we have more events scheduled for the remainder of 2014 including:
- E-Scrap for Camp: VoIP Supply a designated electronic recycling drop-off site to benefit Camp Good Days, helping kids with cancer.
- Friends of the Night People: Employees volunteered during business hours to help at the Urban Diner, a dignified soup kitchen serving Buffalo’s East Side neighborhoods.
- Meals on Wheels: Every Tuesday morning in May, teams of two employees deliver meals to North Buffalo residents in need.
- Shoe Donation: In-house shoe donation aiding a local church’s collection drive to benefit small business ventures in developing countries while keeping old shoes out of local landfills.
- Hospice Buffalo: Team entry in the Hospice Memorial Walk to raise money for Hospice patients in Buffalo.
- Hearts for the Homeless: Volunteer group to help this mobile soup kitchen that provides food and clothing for the poor and homeless in Buffalo.
- Buffalo VA: Effort to help the Buffalo VA Medical Center.
- United Way Day of Caring 2014: VoIP Supply volunteers will pitch in to help out at the various events on the upcoming annual Day of Caring.
In its 12-year history, VoIP Supply has always donated to local charities including an ongoing $1.98 donation to Buffalo City Mission, the cost of one meal, for every order placed by our customers (Thank you, customers!).
However, the good deeds have not always benefited from a coordinated effort that was inclusive of everyone’s abilities within the organization. “Our company goal is to give back at least once a month, doing something great throughout the entire year which allows everyone at VoIP Supply the opportunity to get involved,” said Paula Griffo, President and CFO of VoIP Supply.
VoIP Supply’s mission, as Sayers has said before, is to “do well, so that we can do good for others.”