Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router
The Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router (ISR) is a modular router featuring embedded hardware encryption, voice and video capable digital signal processor (DSP) slots, optional firewall, intrusion prevention, call processing,and application services. The chassis offers a single Internal Services Module (ISM) slot, 4 eHWIC slots, 3 10/100/1000 WAN ports, 2 GE DSP slots, 256MB of Flash memory, and 512MB of DRAM in a 2U form factor. The Cisco2911 business router supports the industry's widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, T3/E3, xDSL, copper, and fiber GE.
Cisco 2911 Overview
The Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) provide superior services integration and agility. Designed for scalability, the modular architecture of these platforms enables you to grow and adapt with your business needs. The Cisco2911 offers a better level of services integration over its competitors. The Cisco 2911 integrates with voice, video, security, wireless, mobility, and data services offering greater efficiency and cost savings. (Visit the Cisco website to read about the network security features available for the Cisco G2 ISR routers.) Designed to address customer business requirements, the Cisco 2900 Series modular architecture offers increased capacity and performance as your network needs grow. Modular interfaces offer increased bandwidth, a diversity of connection options, and network resiliency.
Cisco routers are architected to meet the application demands of today's branch offices with design flexibility for future applications. The modular architecture is designed to support increasing bandwidth requirements, time-division multiplexing (TDM) interconnections, and fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Cisco Enhanced PoE (ePoE). The Cisco 2911 is powered by a high-performance multi-core processor that can support the growing demands of high-speed WAN connections to the branch-office while also running multiple concurrent services. The 2911 also introduces an innovative multigigabit fabric (MGF) that allows for efficient module-to-module communication, enabling tighter services interactions across modules while reducing the overhead on the route processor. Unified communications services in the branch office are significantly enhanced with the use of a TDM interconnectivity fabric in the system architecture, allowing for scaling of DS-0 channel capacity.
Cisco 2911 Features
- Features Embedded Hardware-Based Cryptography and Acceleration (IPSec + SSL)
- Up to 50 Cisco Unified SRST Sessions
- Up to 50 Cisco Unified CCME Sessions
- 3 Total Onboard RJ-45-Based WAN 10/100/1000 Ports
- 4 EHWIC Slots
- 2 Double-Wide EHWIC Slots (use of a double-wide EHWIC slot will consume two EHWIC slots)
- 1 ISM Slot
- 1 Service Module Slot
- 2 Onboard DSP (PVDM) Slots
- 512MB Memory DDR2 ECC DRAM (Default)/ 2GB Max
- 256MB Compact Flash (External) (Default)/ 4GB Max
- 2 External USB 2.0 Flash Memory Slots (Type A)
- 1 USB Console Port (Type B) (up to 115.2 kbps)
- 1 Serial Console Port
- 1 Serial Auxiliary Port
- AC, PoE and DC Power-Supply Options
Additional Features and modules that can be added to the Cisco 2911:
- Cisco Data License (P/N: SL-29-DATA-K9)- The Cisco data license unlocks data features found in SP Services and Enterprise Services IOS image on ISR 1800,2800 and 3800. Examples of such services are MPLS, BFD, RSVP ,L2VPN, L2TPv3 ,Layer 2 Local Switching , Mobile IP, Multicast Authentication,FHRP-GLBP ,IP SLAs, PfR ,DECnet, RSRB, BIP, DLSw+, FRAS, Token Ring ,ISL, IPX ,STUN, SNTP, SDLC, QLLC etc.
- - Cisco Unified Communications License (P/N:SL-29-UC-K9) - The ISR Router Unified Communication license offers the UC Features found in IPVoice IOS image on ISR 1800,2800 and 3800. For example, TDM/PSTN Gateway, Video Gateway[H320/324],Voice Conferencing, Codec Transcoding, RSVP Agent (voice), FAX T.37/38, CAC/QOS, Hoot-n-Holler etc. support.
- - Cisco IOS Security license (P/N: SL-29-SEC-K9) - The Cisco IOS Security license offers the security features found in Advanced Security IOS image on ISR 1900,2900 and 3800 such as IKE v1 / IPsec / PKI, IPsec/GRE, Easy VPN w/ DVTI, DMVPN, Static VTI, Firewall, Network Foundation Protection,GETVPN etc.
- - More EHWIC and ISM Modules - Visit Cisco's site for a complete list of compatible modules for the Cisco2901 router. If you don't find the Cisco module you need on VoIP Supply, please email to VoIP Supply Marketing requesting the SKU be created and quoted for you.