Cisco RV180 VPN Router
The Cisco RV180 is a gigabit Ethernet router that delivers highly secure broadband connectivity and remote access for multiple offices and remote workers. It includes an integrated 4-port Gigabit Ethernet managed switch that lets you connect network devices and transfer files and data at high speed.
Cisco RV180 Overview:
The Cisco® RV180 VPN Router delivers high-performance, secure broadband connectivity to multiple offices and remote employees with a combination of business-class features such as high-speed Gigabit Ethernet switch, advanced security, and quality of service features needed to prioritize network traffic. The router has native support for IPv6, helping to ensure your network is ready for the next generation of technologies. It is easy to configure and manage with an intuitive browser-based GUI and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. The Cisco RV180 provides the ideal combination of affordability, reliability, and performance in a router designed specifically for small businesses.
Cisco RV180 Features:
- • High-performance connectivity: Integrated 4-port Gigabit managed switch for connecting network devices that allows faster data transfer for bandwidth-intensive applications
- • Quality of service (QoS): QoS prioritizes network traffic to keep critical network applications running at top performance for voice, video, and data applications
- • Secure remote access: Support for IP Security (IPsec) and Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) VPN client connections and IPsec gateway-to-gateway VPN tunnels helps enable mall businesses to extend secure connectivity of their network to remote offices and users, using enterprise encryption and authentication technologies
- • Secure guest access: Support for separate “virtual” networks helps enable small businesses to set up access rules to secure sensitive data and set up secure guest access
- • IPv6-ready: Native support for IPv6 allows customers to take advantage of future networking applications and operating systems, without an equipment upgrade
- • Easy configuration and management: Simplified configuration through an intuitive, browser-based device manager reduces setup time to just minutes
- • Interoperability: Tested to work with other Cisco networking products on the network such as a switch, wireless access point, IP phone and voice systems, and IP camera
- • Peace of Mind: This router has been tested to deliver the reliability customers expect from Cisco, and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty, with free software fixes for the term of the warranty
- • Cisco Small Business Support Service: This optional service offers affordable, 3-year peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based, device-level service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates, extended access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and expedited hardware replacement, should it be required.
- # of ADSL WAN Ports
- # of RJ-45 LAN Ports
- # of RJ-45 WAN Ports
- # of VPN Connections Supported
- DHCP Server Support
- LAN Port Speeds
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit
- QOS / VLAN Support
- Router Type
- VPN Support
- Wireless Router
- AC Power Adapter Included
- Auto Provisioning
Why Pay $134.99 for the Cisco RV180?
High-performance connectivity: Integrated 4-port Gigabit managed switch for connecting network devices that allows faster data transfer for bandwidth-intensive applications
Quality of service (QoS): QoS prioritizes network traffic to keep critical network applications running at top performance for voice, video, and data applications
Secure guest access: Support for separate “virtual” networks helps enable small businesses to set up access rules to secure sensitive data and set up secure guest access
For advice, reviews and industry insight... be sure to follow us online.
Not User Friendly
I've been buying and configuring Cisco equipment for years. The RV180 is, by far, the least user friendly interface I've dealt with. I've literally spent days trying to get the VPN gateway to work and, even with Cisco support, have been completely unsuccessful. This was purchased for a small business that wanted to have the ability for users to connect securely over an encrypted connection to transfer data to the main office without having to go purchase enterprise class hardware and software. Needless to say, this has been a nightmare. Even out of the box it hasn't been easy to get anywhere with this. Local networking has been fine and after you stumble your way through the menus (the documentation included and available online is inaccurate at points) you can get a local network up and running in a few hours (yes, hours) if you want a decent configuration. My advice, don't go with the RV180 until they get a better UI and work out some of the bugs in the firmware.