Patton Smartnode 4980 Series VoIP Gateway Router
Patton SN4980 T1/E1/PRI VoIP Gateway-Router
The Patton Smartnode 4980 series is a Patton digital gateway offering VoIP calls via T1, E1, or PRI with integrated IP router capability. The SN4980 offers a variety of pre-built port configurations to meet every need. In addition, the SN4980 ships with IPv6 upgradeable hardware so you can future proof your investment. Regardless of which configuration you choose, the SN4980 series VoIP gateway comes standard with 2 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, external power supply (Except for the SN4980/4E30V120R/UI) , and 1 or 4 T1/E1/PRI ports.
Patton SN4980 Series Gateway-Router Overview
Like every SmartNode™, the SN4980 supports every industry-standard codecs to deliver toll-quality voice on every call. The Unified Communications Agent™ (UCA) provides any-to-any multi-path switching (simultaneous SIP, H.323, ISDN, and POTS calls with routing and conversion between TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet networks—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX). VoIP-over-VPN with voice encryption provides secure voice and data via IPsec with AES/DES strong encryption and automated keying via Internet Key Exchange (IKE). In addition, advanced call-router functionality includes least-cost call routing with flexible dialed-number plan support.
The SmartNode survivability suite combines PSTN fallback, SIP Registrar and IP-link redundancy to ensure business continuity in case the IP network fails. Patton’s DownStreamQoS™ delivers the advantage of clear, uninterrupted voice-and-data communication. Session border router capabilities include optional transcoding for up to 60 channels. Reduce WAN-access bandwidth requirements by converting high-bandwidth G.711 calls on your LAN into lower-bandwidth G.723 calls for WAN transport.
Patton SN4980 offers a smooth transition to VoIP with strong number portability. This allows you to continue to make and receive calls via the PSTN while your SIP provider is in the sometimes long process of porting your numbers over to SIP. When your numbers are completely SIP based, the SN4980 will dynamically switch to SIP so the transition from POTS to VOIP is seamless and instant.
The Smartnode 4981 models offer all the same features as the SN4980 models with the addition of a high-precision clock to deliver IP Telephony service in demanding ISDN or DECT environments with super reliable fax and modem performance.
Click here for the Smartnode 4980 Series Datasheet
Patton SN4980 Specifications:
• Up to four T1/E1/PRI ports (NE/TE)
• Signaling support (ISDN DSS-1, NI-2, Q.SIG, CAS Robbed bit loop and ground start, E&M, immediate, wink, double wink)
• ISDN AOC/ECT
• ISDN speech, audio & data (Fax Gr 4, UDI 64, RDI64)
• ISDN supplementary services
• CAS protocols: RBS (Loop start, ground start, E&M wink, intermediate, double-wink) and R2/MFC-R2 (Q.400–Q.490 and Configurable country profiles)
• Fallback-relays on 4 port versions
•SIPv2 (SIP Info, Update, PRACK, Privacy, Refer), B2BUA, H.323v4 (H.235, Early H.245, H.245 tunneling, fast-connect)
•Codec G.711 a-law/mu-law, G.723, G.729ab, G.726, G727, T.38 fax relay (9.6 k, 14.4 k)
• G.711 transparent fax and bypass
• 128 ms echo cancellation
Call Routing and Services:
• Regular expression call routing and manipulation
• number blocking
• digit collection, distribution and hunt groups
•Two (2) 10/100/1000 TX Ethernet Ports
• IP access router
• DHCP Client & Server
• Packet fragmentation
• NAT/NAPT RFC 1631
• Access Control Lists
• DMZ port
• IPsec VPN (Option)
•Web/HTTP, CLI with local console & remote Telnet access
• HTTP/TFTP configuration & firmware loading
• SNMP MIB II and product MIB
• Secure autoprovisioning for both firmware & unit/subscriber configuration
• Built-in diagnostic tools (trace, debug, call generator)
• External Power: 100–240VAC (50/60 Hz)