Polycom VVX 500 IP Business Media Phone
The Polycom VVX 500 multimedia IP phone is a 12 SIP line IP phone with HD Voice that is Open Source to work with most SIP PBX's and 3rd party UC platforms. It will handle up to 12 SIP registrations and features a 3.5in TFT color capacitive touch screen that reacts to gestures, similar to how most mobile phone interfaces work today. The VVX 500 has 2 USB 2.0 ports for media and storage applications which allow you to use the display on the phone for multiple uses, such as built in web applications, digital photo frame, news, sports, weather, or even as an extension of your PC desktop.
Polycom VVX 500 Overview
Designed for a broad range of environments from small and medium businesses to large enterprises, the VVX 500 performance business media phone improves productivity, by complimenting the workplace applications on the user’s computer. Users benefit from such capabilities as viewing and managing their Exchange calendars and contacts on the phone and receive meeting reminders while still having access to their corporate directory—and all while waiting for their PCs to boot. Users can also extend their PC desktop to include the VVX 500 phone’s screen, enabling simplified interactions and dialing using their PC’s mouse and keyboard. Training and multipoint communication applications are complemented by the VVX 500 video playback capability for streaming content.
Polycom VVX 500 Features & Functions
- • Gesture-based, multitouch-capable, capacitive touchscreen
- • 3.5-in TFT LCD display at QVGA (320x240 pixel) resolution, 4:3 aspect ratio
- • Sreaming media video playback
- • Screensaver and digital picture frame mode
- • On-screen virtual keyboard
- • Voicemail and videomail support
- • Dual USB ports (2.0 compliant) for media and storage applications
- •Polycom HD Voice technology delivers life-like voice quality for each audio path-handset, the hands-free speakerphone
- •Dedicated RJ9 Headset Port
- •Dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet port with PoE Support
- •Codec Support: G.711 (A-law and μ-law), G.729AB, G.722, G.722.1, G.722.1C
- •Call Features:
- • 12 lines (registrations)
- • Shared call/bridged line appearance
- • Flexible line appearance (one or more line keys can be assigned for each line extension)
- • Distinctive incoming call treatment/call waiting
- • Call timer and call waiting
- • Call transfer, hold, divert (forward), pickup
- • Called, calling, connected party information
- • Local three-way audio conferencing
- • One-touch speed dial, redial
- • Remote missed call notification
- • Do not disturb function
- • Electronic hook switch capable
- •FTP/TFTP/HTTP/HTTPS4 server-based central provisioning for mass deployments
- • Bundled with Polycom Productivity Suite:
- --Corporate Directory Access using LDAP
- -- Local Voice Call Recording on USB flash drive
- -- Visual Conference Management
Didn't find the VoIP phones you were looking for?
Check out these other Polycom VVX Business Media Phones:
- # of Lines
- High Definition
- Backlit Display
- Color Display
- Touchscreen Display
- Protocols Supported
- # of Ethernet Ports
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af), Power Supply Available Separately
- Headset Interface
- EHS Support
Don StefanieDirect: 716-213-6906
Why Pay $265.00 for the Polycom VVX 500?
3.5in Capacitive Color Touch screen gives you the look, feel, and functionality of a mobile phone, all the convenience at your fingertips
12 SIP registrations, dual gigabit switched ethernet ports, and HD voice allow you the best voice quality possible
EHS support allows power users the freedom of using a wireless headset at and away from their desks.
For advice, reviews and industry insight... be sure to follow us online.
We purchased the VVX 500 and the VVX 600 to compare/contrast. We have also tested several other VOIP/SIP handsets. The sound quality, handset and speakerphone of the Polycom VVX 500 cannot be beat. the speakerphone is particularly outstanding - ful duplex and very clear both ways. Very little difference between the 500 and 600, just screen size.
Love my new phone
Compact size, easy to use, great audio quality.