Ruckus ZoneDirector 1106 WLAN Controller 901-1106-US00
The Ruckus ZoneDirector 1000 Wireless LAN (WLAN) is the first complete wireless LAN (WLAN) developed specifically for the needs and budgets of small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) and hotzone operators.
Redundant and secure, the ZoneDirector 1000 gives them the same enterprise features as the ZoneDirector 3000. It's perfect for operators who want to offer business class hot spot services such as:
- Voice over Wi-Fi
- IP-based video.
- Secure enterprise access.
- Tiered Wi-Fi services in venues such as hotels, airports, schools and public buildings.
Easily deployed, centrally managed, and automatically tuned, ZoneDirector 1000 by Ruckus Wireless is ideal for small businesses that require a robust and secure WLAN.
Ruckus ZoneDirector 1106 WLAN Controller Supporting (6) ZoneFlex Access Points Overview
This ZoneDirector 1000 model supports up to (6) ZoneFlex Access Points.
The ZoneDirector 1000 integrates the Ruckus Smart/OS application engine that delivers advanced features such as smart wireless meshing, high availability, hot spot authentication, elegant guest networking and dynamic Wi-Fi security.
It can be deployed and operated by non-wireless experts and installed quickly and easily through a point-and-click web-based wizard. Any organization with limited IT staff and budget can create a robust and secure multimedia WLAN in a matter of minutes.
Ruckus ZoneDirector 1106 WLAN Controller Features and Functions
- Thin 1U rackmountable footprint
- Easy discovery from PC using UPnP
- Manage multiple locations and ZoneDirectors
- Two 1000 Mbps ports for full redundancy
- Lifetime warranty coverage
Smart/OS Software Suite and Application Engine
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management.
- SmartMesh wireless meshing that is self-organizing, self-optimizing, and self-healing.
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs, increasing system performance through better spatial reuse.
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle.
- Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients.
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Director, and RADIUS authentication and dynamic VLAN assignment capabilities.
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments.
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments.
- Automatically ensures predictable performance for voice, video, and multimedia through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming.
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum.
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control.
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness.
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network.
Didn't find the Wireless LAN you were looking for?
Check out these other Ruckus WLANs.
Click here for a ZoneDirector 1000 Datasheet