The Polycom VVX 500 is not Bluetooth enabled. With everything else this multimedia phone is capable of, is that a little surprising?
The HD handset sounds so great though that it’s hard to really want to use a headset. But, keeping your hands free is necessary too and it’s even better when the headset works properly.
So, here are some 3rd party wireless solutions that are supported by your Polycom VVX 500.
Supported Wireless Headsets
Since you can’t pair a Bluetooth headset directly with the VVX 500 you’ll need to connect an adapter or base station to the phone. Below are the top wireless headset options for doing that.
If you’re an office-centric user, the Jabra PRO 9465 DUO headset was designed for you and it provides triple connectivity for all your devices; deskphone, IP Softphone, and mobile phone. The PRO 9465 is also equipped with a 2.4in touch screen display for easy set up and call management.
- Two ear, headband style headset with comfortable memory foam ear cushions.
- Triple Connectivity; desk, softphone and mobile support
- 2.4” touch screen display for easy set up and call management
- Noise Canceling Microphone with flexible boom arm
- Wideband audio support for desk and softphones
- Wireless range up to 450 feet
- Talk time up to 11 hours
Just like the Jabra PRO 9465 above, the Jabra PRO 9470 is a wireless office headset with a user-friendly touch screen for easy call control. Call handling is simplified with the touch screen’s colorful icons and intuitive menu system and features multiuse technology so all of your phone calls come to the same headset — Just tap the talk button and start using the Jabra PRO 9470 Mono.
- One ear headset offering 3 wearing styles (behind the ear, headband, behind the neck/head)
- Touch screen & touch sensors for easy call control; The display connects to your headset via DECT.
- Triple Multiuse connectivity: desk, soft and mobile phones
- Superior sound and Noise Blackout
- Wideband sound (150 Hz – 6,800 Hz)
- Up to 450 feet wireless range
- Minimal energy-consumption with Jabra IntelliPower
- Up to 10 hours talk time
For the mobile professional, the Plantronics Voyager PRO UC headset lets you switch between calls received on your deskphone, PC, and mobile phone. Wideband technology sharpens audio and delivers rich, natural-sounding voice and multi-media transmissions.
The Voyager PRO UC headset will connect to the Polycom VVX 500 with the included USB dongle (pictured).
- Dual noise-canceling microphone filters out noise
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides more natural voice sound
- Wideband for best PC audio telephony
- WindSmart technology reduces disruptive wind noise
- One button call control manages PC or mobile calls
- Call alert notifies user of incoming calls
- Multipoint technology for call switching from headset
- Freedom to roam or multitask, hands-free up to 33 feet