10. RCA VoIP Phones. Name brands you have come to know and trust in your home have begun to emerge in the VoIP market. RCA VoIP phones for instance, along with Panasonic and AT&T, have begun to offer SIP phones that bring the consumer-friendly look and feel to your office. The most popular model, the RCA IP150, runs on an Android O/S and brings the Smartphone user experience to your desk.
9. Cisco SPA112 and SPA122. So long PAP2T and SPA2102! The new Cisco ATA’s are smaller, sexier, and more robust!
8. Panasonic KX-TGP550 and KX-TPA50. With the passing of the Aastra CT Phones, the demand for a corded IP deskphone and a cordless DECT satellite handset was more focused …
With the end of 2012 (and possibly the whole world) quickly approaching, we wanted to do a favor for those of you with excess budget that you need to “use or lose”. I know, I know- you can thank us later, because with these “top 12 things to do with excess budget” you don’t have to plan on your own, and you can take back your most important asset – your time!
12. Company tickets for an NHL game!
Everyone loves to blow off some workplace steam by having a few brews and sitting back to watch some….. oh wait…
11. Learn to dance Gangnam Style.
Many fitness places around North America are offering classes to learn how to ride your horse Gangnam Style
, including Sunberry
Throughout the month, I have been conducting a series of reviews of our most popular IP PBX’s. I spoke about 3CX, the Windows-based IP PBX software that entered into the arena in 2008 and is quickly growing. I also mentioned Elastix, which is an Asterisk-based platform that is still purely open-sourced which has been quickly gaining popularity, especially among the budget-conscious crowd. The capstone of my review is Switchvox by Digium. Switchvox, like Elastix, is an Asterisk-based platform which was developed by Four Loop Technologies and perfected by Digium in 2007.
Switchvox is a commercial version of Asterisk, so the source code is no longer open. Switchvox offers a polished, clean, and professional packaging of Asterisk amazement. VoIP Supply uses Switchvox as our…
Three years ago if you asked us what the hottest open source platform was for your IP PBX, we would have said Trixbox CE. It was free, easy to use, and always being
updated. Well the one thing that is certain around here is death, taxes, and CHANGE! With Trixbox CE going the way of the geese up here in Buffalo, NY, we have found that Elastix is quickly becoming the platform of choice when installing a new IP PBX. In fact, Elastix is more than just a phone system… it can be your entire UC strategy!
Elastix as an IP PBX
Elastix is an open source, Asterisk based UC system which can be downloaded and run on any PC, server, or laptop. I mentioned …
In the 3 years since VoIP Supply started representing and selling 3CX VoIP Phone system we have seen an amazing increase year over year and quarter over quarter in interest from businesses worldwide of all shapes and sizes. Perhaps there is something to this growing trend… maybe a Windows-based IP phone system is the right choice for you… Let’s review the Why’s and Why Not’s of running a 3CX phone system.
Unlike many of the other VoIP systems that are on the market, 3CX is a software solution. When you buy 3CX you will not receive any deliverable hardware, only a license keycode. This is a big PLUS because it allows you to load the software on any hardware device you choose, as …
AT&T and Vtech, the makers of the Synapse VoIP Phone system, have partnered to bring the benefits of a VoIP PBX to very small businesses with no IT staff. The new Syn248 phone system by AT&T allows you to use your existing phone lines to connect to a VoIP PBX for your office. Using the AT&T Syn248 phone system, small businesses or SOHO’s can enjoy an auto-attendant, day and night menu options, and a dial by name directory in a low cost, all inclusive package.
The Syn248 consists of 2 pieces of equipment: A Syn248 Gateway and the Syn248 Desk phone. Connect the Syn248 PSTN gateway to your PSTN lines. A single Syn248 gateway can connect up to 4 PSTN lines, use 2 …
Last week, in Part 1 of this series,
I posted about how great the 3CX phone system is and how feature rich it is. In addition to all the features that 3CX is known for, you can also add on modules to help solve your specific problems such as the 3CX Call Center
and 3CX Hotel Module
3CX Call Center Additional Features:
- Advanced Real Time stats involved queues such as monitor live queue status and review number of callers in queue
- Advanced Agent statistics such as time logged in and out of queue, number of calls answered/unanswered, average wait time
- Call back feature – allows customers to hang up and retain their position in queue. Agent will call customer back when they are