There are a lot of IP cameras to choose from and when you’re finding it difficult to pull the trigger on a decision where does that leave you? If your choice defaults to going with what you know, Sony might just fit the bill for you. And luckily we can both feel confident that you’re selecting a top-end, efficient, performance-driven product that we feel great providing to you from a market leader.
Sony IP Camera Types
Depending upon your unique surveillance needs, Sony has a considerable range of options to choose from. Let’s start with the Sony IP camera types:
- Rapid Dome and Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ )
- Mini Dome
- Bullet and Compact
Sony IP Camera Features and Functions
You will need to know where your camera(s) will be installed and in what environment because the above camera types can come equipped with the following functionalities:
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Day or night video surveillance
- IK10 rated vandal resistance
- 360° endless pan angle
- HD video w/H.264 compression at up to 30 fps – Transmission and storage of more high quality video using less bandwidth.
- Megapixel resolution also available
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) – Only a single Ethernet cable is needed; no additional power supply.
- Dual Streaming and Triple Streaming of images – Any combination with JPEG/MPEG/H.264, including multiple streams of the same format.
Additional Sony IP Surveillance Equipment
Also available are Sony Video Servers that will convert analog signals to IP, for use over a network, if you have existing analog cameras that haven’t outlived their usefulness. Sony’s video servers come in configurations of one channel up to 12 blade 48-channel rack mount servers and they provides features such as intelligent motion detection, video loss detection, and they are fully compatible with other manufacturers cameras.
Rounding out their offerings to shape up your IP surveillance system is Sony’s Intelligent Monitoring Software that acts as a a control center for multi-camera monitoring of up to 32 cameras. And of course you can watch all the action on a crisp, high-definition Sony display monitor designed specifically for industrial applications.