Did You Know – Jabra Evolve2 Buds can connect to both a Laptop and a Mobile Device
Jabra Evolve2 Buds are the latest professional-grade true wireless addition to the popular Jabra Evolve2 lineup, perfect for the hybrid worker who’s often on the go.
Did you know that you can connect Jabra Evolve2 Buds to both a Laptop and a Mobile Device?
To connect your Jabra Evolve2 Buds to your laptop, use the provided integrated USB adapter for the Evolve2 Buds. The USB adapter is a plug-and-play device that plugs into a USB port on a laptop. It’s pre-paired with the Evolve2 Buds out of the box. There’s no setup needed and it’s super easy to use. Additionally, this powerful USB adapter boosts users’ connection and makes it more stable, with fewer dropouts, and up to 20 meters / 65 feet wireless range.
Note: The USB adapter is included with the Jabra Evolve2 Buds. The adapter is located inside the carrying case.
To pair your Jabra Evolve2 Buds with your handheld mobile device, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Bluetooth setting on your mobile device.
- Turn on your earbuds by removing them from the charging case. Alternatively, simultaneously press and hold the Left and Right buttons. The LEDs on both earbuds will turn green.
- To enter pairing mode, simultaneously press and hold (3 seconds) the Left and Right buttons on the earbuds, until the LEDs on the earbuds flash blue. The earbuds are now ready to pair with your mobile device.
- To pair, go to the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device and select the Jabra Evolve2 Buds from the list. Enter “0000” (four zeros) if you are asked for a pin code.
Note: If you want to use just one earbud, you must still pair both earbuds with your mobile device. After the pairing, you can place one of the earbuds in the charging case. In daily use, when you turn on the earbuds, they will automatically reconnect with the last previously paired device, if it is turned on and within range.
If pairing is not successful, try the pairing steps again or try pairing with a different Bluetooth device. Try using the Bluetooth Pairing Guide which provides detailed steps for pairing with your mobile device.
If the pairing steps are not successful, try the following troubleshooting steps. Try re-pairing after you complete each troubleshooting step.
- Restart your mobile device by turning it off and on.
- Restart your Jabra device by turning it off and on.
- Ensure your Jabra device is in pairing mode. See the following section, Related Frequently Asked Questions, for guidance on how to pair your Jabra device.
- On your mobile device, turn Bluetooth off and on.
- Try to pair your Jabra device using a different mobile device. This is to confirm that a different mobile device will find and pair with your Jabra device.
- Ensure your Jabra device is updated with the latest firmware version.
- Reset your Jabra device. See the following section, Related Frequently Asked Questions, for guidance on how to reset your Jabra device.
- If you still cannot pair your Jabra device with your mobile device, contact support.
Additionally, Jabra Evolve2 Buds utilize Advanced Bluetooth Multipoint, which makes it easy to switch between your laptop and smartphone. Advanced Bluetooth Multipoint connection allows you to connect your earbuds to two devices at the same time, like a smartphone and a laptop, making switching between devices seamless. Advanced Bluetooth Multipoint connection ensures you’re always aware of incoming calls and notifications.
If you would like to share your experience using the Jabra Evolve2 Buds or have any questions, please leave a comment below. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at 800-398-8647!