Polycom HDX 4000 Overview
The HDX 4000 series is one of Polycom’s premier products in their video conferencing lineup. These are desktop machines with both HD (HDX 4002) and standard definition (HDX 4001) models.
HDX 4000 Series Overview
Polycom is known the world over for building high quality products, and this unit measures up to Polycom’s usual high standards in a big way. This desktop device has a 20.1” high definition widescreen display and is driven by a box which is basically a small form factor PC.
The high quality camera is located at the top of the monitor. The audio is HD as well and comes equipped with the Polycom Siren 22 Technology for high-fidelity stereo sound. Four powerful speakers and two widely spaced microphones are integrated into the monitor for optimal sound quality on both ends.
Also, multiple locations can be brought into a video conference by incorporating the optional embedded multipoint feature.
The HDX 4000 series also includes powerful tools for content sharing. Presentations, graphics, spreadsheets and multimedia files can be incorporated into visual communications, which facilitates collaboration and enhances the entire video conference experience.
Polycom’s patented People On Content technology, which enables the user’s image to be inserted in the foreground of the content, is supported on the HDX 4000 series as well. To gain a better understanding of how People On Content works, think of a TV weatherman standing in front of a weather map while delivering the weather report.
HDX 4000 Key Features
Now let’s take a look at some of the technical specs of the HDX 4000 Series:
- Display: 20.1” Widescreen LCD display. 1680×1050 Native resolution. 16:9 Aspect ratio
- Camera: 5 megapixels. 1280×720 video capture resolution. 2X digital zoom. EPTZ camera control.
- Speakers: 85Hz-20kHz frequency range. 4 built-in speakers.
- Audio Standards: Polycom StereoSurround. Automatic gain control and noise suppression. Instant adaptation echo cancellation. Audio error concealment. Headset input for privacy.
- System Management: Web-based, SNMP, Polycom Converged Management Application (CMA)
- Interfaces: 2-port 10/100 RJ45 connectors. RJ11 analog phone connector. Polycom Lost Packet Recovery (LPR)
- Options: MPPlus internal multipoint software for up to 4 sites. 4 Mbps pt-to-pt calling
As anyone who has used Polycom products in the past has come to expect, the HDX 4000 series has a host of excellent features and they are implemented with quality and style.
The quality of both the video and audio is excellent, and the devices are easy to use and configure. If you would like more information on this particular series, or any of the other Polycom video options, please contact me at VoIP Supply. 716-250-3873 or [email protected].