Video Conferencing Deployment Checklist
In today’s world, more and more businesses and organizations of all types and sizes are utilizing video conferencing to conduct meetings that in the past could only be held in person. Video conferencing can be advantageous in many different ways, and countless new systems are being deployed every day as the technology continues to grow in popularity.
However, before people go out and purchase all the equipment they need to deploy a system, they need to consider several factors which will help guide them in their purchasing decision. Listed below are some important aspects of any video conferencing project that need to be considered prior to installation.
- System Type
- What type of system is appropriate for the organization?
- How many people will be participating in the video conferences?
- Will PowerPoint presentations or other information need to be shared during the meetings?
- Will multiple sites need to be involved?
- What is the size of the room where conferences will be held?
- How much bandwidth does the network provide?
- Will the video conference calls only take place within the network or outside the network as well?
- Future Considerations
- What are your needs going to be in the future?
- How might meeting needs change in the next 3-5 years?
- Will the number of people involved in the meetings increase?
- Will the type of meeting and technology requirements change?
- Will more locations be added?
- What funds are available for the upfront costs of the project?
- Will network infrastructure need to be upgraded?
- What funds are available for training, service contracts, technical support and upgrades?
- Choosing a Vendor
- Don’t make a decision on price alone.
- Look for completeness and professionalism in vendor proposals.
- Insist that vendors and installers can meet the required timeline.
By following these simple guidelines and considering all the specific needs and requirements of your video conferencing project, selecting the system that is appropriate for your organization will be much easier. Taking the time to analyze every aspect of the project will make the deployment run more smoothly, be more cost effective and will make everyone in the organization happier in the long run.
For more information and assistance with selecting the right video conferencing system for you, please contact me at 716-250-3873 or send an email to [email protected].