Grandstream GXV3140 Overview
Grandstream GXV3140 Overview
The Grandstream GXV3140 is the latest release from Grandstream’s video telecommunications line, and is quite an upgrade to the previously released GXV3000 series. The GXV3140 is the first dual stack desktop multimedia phone from any manufacturer to be compatible with both native Skype and SIP open standards for free voice and video calling. Its feature set is designed to allow the user to keep in visual contact with colleagues, family and friends by offering free two-way or three-way video calling along with real-time instant access to a variety of web and popular social multimedia applications.
As Grandstream puts it: “We are extremely happy to share with our worldwide customers that Grandstream’s GXV3140 is the first desktop multimedia phone to be compatible with both Skype and SIP open standards for free voice and video calling. What this means is consumers and enterprise customers can use Skype to send and receive free video calls between their computers, mobile devices and Grandstream’s GXV3140.” This is very exciting stuff for the ever-increasing video telecommunications market.
With a 4.3” digital color LCD screen that has 480×272 resolution and a camera supporting 1.3 megapixels, the GXV3140 has an integrated web browser, giving users convenient, one-touch access to personalized feeds of real-time online information services (such as news video or RSS feeds, weather, IM, stock/currency updates, Google pictures, etc.), thousands of Internet radio stations, major web photo sites (Yahoo Flickr, Photobucket, Phanfare), social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter) and internet streaming entertainment sites like YouTube and last.fm. It also supports a stereo headset with microphone, wideband/HD voice support, TV output, 3 SIP accounts with line switching support, and many other features that make this an impressive multimedia phone offering at a more than reasonable price. What more could you ask for from a desktop phone??
Grandstream GXV3140 Highlighted Features:
- 4.3 digital TFT color LCD (480×272 resolution), 1.3 megapixel CMOS camera with privacy shutter
- Dual switched 10/100 auto-sensing Ethernet ports, optional FXS and FXO port
- SD/MMC/SDHC, USB, stereo headset with microphone, stereo audio output, video output, 2-angle stand, wall mountable
- High fidelity full-duplex speakerphone with acoustic echo canceller
- H.264 baseline (with CABAC enhancement pending) and H.263/H.263+ (Pending) voice codec and AAC, MP3, WMA, Real, Ogg-Vorbis audio codec
- Web browser, IM with Yahoo/MSN/Google, RSS feeds of weather/news/stocks, internet radio, music/video streaming/playing from SD/USB card/internet, Yahoo! Flckr web photo album, alarm clock, calendar, games, music ring tone
- Intuitive graphic user interface with customizable skins, multi-language, multiple virtual screens
- Advanced smart NAT traversal technology to allow truly zero-configuration plug-and-play
- Strong security and privacy protection based on TLS/SRTP/AES
In summary, the Grandstream GXV3140 gives users a lot of bang for the buck with the functionality and quality it offers, and you don’t need to be an IT genius to set it up and use it properly. The video experience alone will attract a great deal of interest, but the wealth of other applications it offers really brings the whole package together.
If you have questions or want more info on the GXV3140 or any other video products you can reach me at jshan[email protected] or call 1-800-398-8647 x3873.