How to adjust the wireless range settings on a Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter using Jabra Direct
The Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter is a plug-and-play device that plugs into a USB port on a computer and enables a Bluetooth connection between a laptop or computer and a Jabra device, such as a headset or speakerphone.
When pairing with the Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter, the device is identified by the computer operating system as a soundcard and can be used for all audio purposes. If a device is paired with the built-in Bluetooth of a computer, the device is usually recognized by the computer as a headset and can only be used for communication purposes.
The Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter and Jabra device come pre-paired in the box and support plug-and-play functionality, without needing to install separate software drivers on the laptop or computer. The adapter can be used with Jabra headsets and speakerphones, including the Jabra Evolve 75 SE Headset, the Jabra Speak2 75 UC Speakerphone, and more. These adapters come with either USB-C or USB-A connectivity and in Unified Communications (UC) and Microsoft Teams Certified (MS) variants. Jabra Link Bluetooth adapters, such as the Jabra Link 380c UC, USB-C Adapter and the Jabra Link 380a MS, USB-A Adapter, are also available as separate accessories.
The Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter provides a wireless range of up to 30m/100ft to your computer, with significantly enhanced coverage and fewer dropouts. The Jabra Link is engineered to ensure performance with other systems in wireless connectivity, and longer ranges, as well as to prepare for more advanced functionality with future products.
To adjust the wireless range settings, follow these steps.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Jabra Direct.
- Check and ensure that the Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter and the Jabra device are turned on and paired.
- In Jabra Direct, select the Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter.
- Click Device.
- In Device settings > Headset > Wireless range, select the appropriate setting.
- To support the maximum specified range between the Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter and the Jabra device, set the wireless range to Normal.
- However, if there are many wireless devices present that could interfere with one another, then set the range to Low or Very low.
Visit VoIP Supply’s Jabra page to learn more about Jabra’s wireless headsets, speakerphones, earbuds, and accessories, or give our VoIP experts a call today at 1-800-398-8647 to find out the best options for you!
There you go! Are you ready to get on Jabra Direct and adjust the wireless range settings on your Jabra Link Bluetooth adapter? Share your experience with us with a comment below!