Polycom HDX 6004 Overview
The Polycom HDX 6004 series is an entry-level model of Polycom’s premier products in their room telepresence lineup, which is designed for small group environments. The system, which does not include a monitor, delivers Polycom’s UltlimateHD experience with HD video, voice and content sharing capabilities.
HDX 6004 Series Overview
The HDX 6004 is a plug-and-play system that is easy to install and use, while only requiring simple connectivity. HDMI output allows for quick and seamless integration with high definition displays via a single cable, and the standards-based Polycom People+Content (which was discussed in an earlier posting about the HDX 4000) allows users to easily share high quality documents, spreadsheets and multimedia content.
The high quality audio is delivered by top of the line Polycom Siren 22 and Polycom StereoSurround sound technologies.
The HDX 6004 series seamlessly integrates with all components of the Polycom Visual Communication portfolio, including the Polycom RealPresence Experience (RPX), Polycom Telepresence Experience (TPX), Polycom HDX telepresence solutions, Polycom RMX series conference platforms, and Polycom Converged Management Application (CMA).
The HDX 6004 supports Polycom’s Lost Packet Recovery (LPR) technology as well, which maintains a high quality user experience on any network.
HDX 6004 Key Features
Now let’s take a look at some of the technical specs of the HDX 6004 series:
- Camera: Polycom EagleEye (1280x720p CCD imager, 12x optical zoom) or EagleEye View (1920×1080 EPTZ camera, 4x digital zoom, internal stereo microphones).
- Video Standards: H.264, H.26++, H.261, H.239 (Polycom People +Content), H.263 & h.264 (Video Error Concealment)
- Video Input: 1X Polycom EagleEye HD Camera, 1X DVI-I
- Video Output: 1X HDMI
- Audio Standards: Polycom StereoSurround, 22kHz bandwidth with Polycom Siren 22, 14kHz bandwidth with Polycom Siren 14, 7kHz bandwidth with G.722 or G.722.1, 3.4kHz bandwidth with G.711, G.728 or G.729A, Automatic gain control and noise suppression, Audio Error Concealment.
- User Interface: Directory services, CDR, 17 International languages, wildcard language tool, USB Software update.
- System Management: Web-based, SNMP, Polycom Converged Management Application (CMA)
- Options: IP 7000 speakerphone integration, HDX Media Center options.
As anyone who has used Polycom products in the past has come to expect, the HDX 6000 series has a host of excellent features and they are implemented with quality and style. The quality of both the video and audio is excellent, and the devices are easy to use and configure.