Benefits of Polycom KIRK Phones
Upon weighing your wireless VoIP options of the utilization of , you may have decided on DECT as the best fit for you. Great choice, but what is next? In this week’s blog I would like to take the opportunity to present the benefits of Polycom Kirk Wireless systems/phones.
If you are familiar with the Polycom KIRK line of wireless VoIP Solutions…you will know that Polycom KIRK offers outstanding solutions!
Overall, Polycom KIRK solutions will:
- Provide mobility in the workplace.
- Keep you continuously connected to your peers and customers.
- Increases efficiency, productivity, and response time.
Utilizing DECT solutions have become very popular in the manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, and retail industries. These solutions are designed to fit into applications ranging from single user solutions to enterprise solutions that can handle (with ease) up to 4096 wireless DECT users. Holy handsets Batman!
Polycom KIRK, as with any DECT solution, the deployment will consist of DECT servers, Repeaters, and of course your DECT handsets. The modular nature of the KIRK solution allows customers to easily expand areas of coverage, deal with increased voice traffic and the number of handset users.
Polycom offers a vast array of DECT servers to handle both the quantity of users that you would like as well as offering multiple interfaces for different types of connections (IP PBX or Analog PBX). Rather than reviewing all of the servers and getting tangled up….ask yourself a few questions:
- How many DECT users/handsets does my application require?
- What am I interfacing the Server with? (IP PBX or an Analog PBX)
- What is the coverage area? (This will help you determine if, and how many, repeaters are required.)
Answering these easy questions will better direct you to selecting the proper KIRK DECT solution to be suit your needs.
As previously mentioned, Polycom KIRK can support up to 4096 handsets. With that being said, KIRK has a variety of base stations to meet your needs. The benefits of having multiple base stations to choose from is, again, give you the freedom of the “custom bake” solution. Be it, analog or IP…KIRK has you covered.
Certain servers, ideal for small businesses, even have integrated wireless base station functionality to help you pinch pennies and lower the cost of your overall deployment. Most solutions will require server/base station/repeaters.
Servers range from supporting single to 4096 users. The KIRK Server 300 is a single cell solution for small businesses (up to 12 people) whereas the KIRK Server 800 is extremely scalable and ideal for enterprise type scenarios. Certain benefits can be seen throughout all of the KIRK solutions:
- Support for complete KIRK Handset Port Folio
- Extend of coverage by repeater
- SIP Server with four voice channels
- Text Messaging
- Provisioning of configuration, firmware and wireless users
Benefits of Base stations can also include:
- 4 simultaneous traffic channels
- Antenna Diversity
- Fram synchronizing via the KIRK wireless server
- Fast and easy installation
- No External Power Required (powered by KIRK Server Directly
The options… oh the options! Polycom KIRK has now directly designed and engineered handsets that cater to industrial/manufacturing environments and the healthcare industry. How many other SIP DECT solutions can provide that?
Let’s highlight a few benefits from select models.
Say….you have a dusty manufacturing facility in need of wireless communications. I would then point you to the Polycom KIRK 6000 series.
- Polycom KIRK 6020: Durable and dust tight. Also resistant to splashing water, vibrations, and shocks.
- Polycom KIRK 6040: Prepared for third-party applications with a specialized feature set designed for manufacturing including expanded safety features.
Ok….now what about the healthcare industry? The healthcare industry has very strict regulations/requirements that Polycom KIRK now addresses. For this type of solution, I would recommend:
- Polycom KIRK 7010: Resistant to dust, splashing water, vibration, and shock. Prepared for 3rd-party applications with the standard features needed for healthcare and nursing home environments.
- Polycom KIRK 7020: Bacteria-resistant handset with membrane keypad for easy cleaning.
- Polycom KIRK 7040: Durable and with expanded safety features, this handset is ideal for medical personnel within psychiatry where the personal safety might be at risk.