Virtualize Your SBC and Secure the Remote Working Environment
VoIP Supply teamed up with Sangoma and SYSTM to demonstrate how to virtualize a session border controller (SBC) and make your communication system secure!
Why Session Border Controllers (SBCs)?
I already have firewalls installed, is that not enough? Here are some facts about firewalls:
- They were never designed for VoIP traffic
- The inherent function is to Deny All unsolicited traffic
- They do not understand SIP protocol and routing needs
- Audio media requires separate negotiation
- They are not set up for real time communication
- More facts in the presentation slides
Check out some Sangoma SBC Features:
- Protect from denial of service attacks (DoS or DDoS), fuzzing, and toll fraud
- SIP Protocol Filtering and Rate Limiting
- SIP Protocol IDS/IPS
- Encryption: Prevent eavesdropping and authenticate the call end points
- Registration Policy: Prevent unregistered end points from getting access to your VoIP service
- Call Routing: Provide dynamic routing – LCR & Load Balancing
- SIP Conversion: Interoperability: Allow SIP-based equipment from different vendors to interconnect
- Media Transcoding: Generate the best quality of service the connection can provide, from HD Voice quality to small bandwidth optimized codecs
- Scalability: Respond to increasing demand on your VoIP services
SYSTM provides simple to deploy, highly available, cloud-based voice infrastructure. Their VIaaS platform is designed specifically to host voice applications, providing the PBX platforms that you already use in an environment that delivers the security, uptime, and redundancy your customers require. Demo 3 popular solutions here!
- Enabling you to host your voice only applications
- Making it simple to Create, Launch, and Support your application
- Flexible and scalable
Session Border Controllers (SBCs) for Remote Workers
Many Switchvox customers need to secure their remote phones and Sangoma SBC is the solution. The Sangoma SBC supports DPMA for Digium IP phones. It allows access to authorized endpoints on remote worker premises. This eliminates interoperation and firewall issues on corporate and remote worker networks. Learn more about Sangoma’s SBCs here!
Let’s take a look at a quick comparison of systems with SBC and without SBC:
Sangoma’s SBC is not only for your remote staff! It can also apply to SIP Trunking, TDM support, Virtual SBC, transcoding, Security, High Availability, Interoperability and more use cases. Download our presentation slides to learn more!
Have questions? Contact our VoIP experts at 1-800-398-8647 to learn more!