CopperLink 1101 PoE Ethernet Extender Breathes New Life into Circuits
Feel trapped by the limited distance of your Ethernet? Always have to relocate your device from a perfect spot because the Ethernet and power outlet are out of your reach? Thanks to the CopperLink 1101 PoE Ethernet Extender, you can finally say goodbye to those days and welcome a new level of flexibility!
If you are using a standard Ethernet, you may have noticed that there’s a 328ft (100m) distance limitation that restricts location options fro device installation. It also requires CAT 5 cabling or better, which often leads to installing new cabling infrastructure that may involve tearing into walls, ceilings, or worse.
The flexibility of device location makes a huge difference when it comes to such applications as building security or hospital monitoring. And that’s where CopperLink 1101 Extender comes into play.
What Does the CopperLink Ethernet Extender Do?
The CopperLink 1101 Ethernet extender extends an Ethernet or network segment beyond its distance limitation and enables Ethernet connectivity over previously installed copper infrastructure. The solution breathes new life into circuits previously deployed for such traditional non-IP applications as RS232/485 controls, alarms, CCTV, analog phones, intercom speakers, and others.
With the CopperLink Extender, you can now install your IP terminal equipment exactly where you need it and instantaneously install PoE-compliant devices such as Wireless Access Points (WAPs), IP cameras, IP telephones, IP door stations with no additional overhead cost. See some highlighted features below:
- Ethernet Extension – Extends 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet over 3300 feet (1005 meters) using 2-wire, 24-AWG twisted-pair, CAT 3, CAT 5e/6/7, or coaxial cable.
- Delivers PoE – PowerPlus technology powers up both the remote CopperLink extender and the PoE enabled the device connected to it. No power is required at the remote location.
- Transparent LAN Bridging – Passes higher layer protocols, including 802.1Q VLAN tagged and untagged packets. Fully transparent to various video compressions schemes such as WMV, MPEG-4, and MJPEG.
- Plug and Play – Modems need no configuration to operate, Ethernet ports are auto-sensing 10/100, full or half-duplex.
- Made in the USA – This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton’s American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.