How to Secure your Grandstream GXP21XX Series (Webinar Recap)
VoIP Security is one of the hottest topics in the VoIP world! Especially with more and more cyber attacks happening almost every second around the world, it’s extremely important to know how to protect your communication system. Let’s recap quickly what we have covered in the Grandstream GXP2100 Series Security webinar this week! Download our webinar slides here to learn more.
What did we touch on during the Grandstream GXP2100 Series Security Webinar?
- Grandstream GXP2100 Series product portfolio – high end, mid-range, and basic
- System Security – signed firmware image
- Network Security – media access control & Secure remote connection
- Data Protection – secure web access, secure provisioning, secure access to the directory
- Security VoIP Services – encrypted signaling & media, ghost calls protection, dial plan manipulation
- Device Control – keypad menu control, peripheral control
Grandstream GXP2100 Series Security Q&A Session
Question 1: Firmware is constantly coming out. What is the firmware that is suggested to get all of these security settings capable?
Answer: The live demo today in the webinar is the beta version. But everything you see in the demo is available on the official firmware version. The latest firmware version has them all.
Question 2: I did an update to a site with 107 GXP21XX phones and when it asked for password change, I changed it but then it locked me out of the phone. It would ask for a password change every time and I couldn’t get around it.
Answer: This is not related to phone bugs, it can be related to your browser. Sometimes you changed the password and the browser still has the old information. I suggest you clear the browser cache or try using a different web browser.