Digium Switchvox Goes Mobile for Android
Digium, the Asterisk company, has added a Switchvox Mobile app to integrate their small to medium business (SMB) communications solutions for Android devices.
This free app, available for download in the Android Market, now rounds out their mobile support that already include iPhone and Blackberry users.
Switchvox product line director Tristan Barnum notes that there’s been some anticipation:
“With the wide adoption of the Switchvox Mobile features, users have been asking for Android integration and we are pleased to be offering it now.”
Working for both Android phones and tablets, converge all your VoIP phones (desktop, conference) to work with your main Switchvox extension to stay in touch wherever you find yourself.
The Switchvox mobile app lets your calls “find you anytime, anywhere” and you’ll have access to other standard features on the go:
- Make calls that look like you’re calling from your desk.
- Check voicemail and call logs.
- Manage greetings and activate call rules.
- Access company directory.
Switchvox Mobile Requirements
Requirements for all mobile devices; Android, iPhone, and Blackberry:
- Switchvox SMB 23120 (4.5.2) or later.
- Appropriate network access to Switchvox.
- Android 2.1 or later.
- iPhone OS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
- BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 or later. Compatible with Bold, Tour, Curve, Pearl, and Storm devices.