Aastra adds electronic hook switch (EHS) support
As of the latest software release by Aastra (188.8.131.520 Patch July 09), the following Aastra IP Phones now support Electronic Hookswitch (EHS) or otherwise known as DHSG.
- Aastra 6753i
- Aastra 6755i
- Aastra 6757i
- Aastra 6757i CT
If you are not familiar with EHS, it is a feature that allows you to answer your phone using your wireless VoIP headset without the need for a Handset Lifter or corded solution.
You can download and upgrade your Aastra phones with the latest software located here. (Keep in mind these files are model specific so make sure you download the correct file per your phone.)
Now before you go nuts, there are four requirements that must be met for EHS/DHSG to work properly on your Aastra desktop VoIP phones.
- Requirement 1: Download and upgrade your Aastra EHS/DHSG Compliant model to the latest software 184.108.40.2060
- Requirement 2: You use a supported Wireless headset. A list of confirmed supported wireless headsets per Aastra is below:
- Plantronics CS60, CS70N, CS351N, and Voyager510S
- Jabra GN9350, GN9350e, GN9120, GN9125
- Requirement 3: Depending on which wireless headset model you are using (from the above lists), each manufacturer requires a “special” third -party EHS/DHSG cable, that YOU MUST use:
- Plantronics APS-1 Cable
- Jabra GN 14201-10 Cable
- Requirement 4: All Aastra phones will require an Aastra DHSG cable. The DHSG cable will connect to your Aastra phone, then couple to your third-party cable such as the Plantronics APS-1 or GN/Jabra 14201-10 Cable. No third party cable will ever connect directly to the Aastra phones. (Aastra Part Number: D0062-0011-34-00)
If you have met all (4) requirements, you are ready to enjoy EHS/DHSG on your Aastra Phone. If you need anything to fill the requirements above, do not hesitate to call VoIPSupply at 1-800-398-8647 and one of our experienced VoIP Sales representatives will be glad to assist.