Good News for Google Voice Users, Obihai VoIP Adapters Now Officially Supported
This is combination of old news and new news.
Many people have been using Google Voice with Obihai VoIP adapters for some time now to take advantage of free calling with the wireless or corded phones they already own.
That’s why the company has this appropriately titled blog post, The Google Voice Service is Still Working on My OBi! How come?. Google was scheduled to drop the XMPP communication protocol that made this possible.
The new, good, news is that Google Voice is now officially supported on Obihai VoIP adapters.
What This Means
What this means now is that instead of crossing your fingers that your OBi device will still work with Google Voice, which Obihai could not confirm or support, is that you won’t have to switch to a new voice service afterall.
Obihai + Google Voice features:
- Personalized greetings
- Call blocking
- Voicemail transcription, text alerts, and SMS to email
- Free calling to the U.S. from the U.S. and Canada ($0.01 per minute from the rest of the world)
- Low international calling rates
- E911 VoIP service optional for a small fee
- Your OBi phone rings when your Google Voice number is called, or when your Google ID is called through Google Hangouts or GMail
Google Voice can be accessed via the: