Cisco SA540 Security Appliance and 25 License BundleThe Cisco SA540 Security Appliance, part of the Cisco Small Business Pro Series, is a comprehensive gateway security solution that combines firewall, VPN, and optional intrusion prevention and web and email security capabilities, helping you feel confident that your business is protected and resilient. These easy-to-use security appliances let you control access to network resources, enabling you to protect business data and maximize network uptime. The Cisco SA 500 Series also helps increase employee productivity by controlling web access, spam emails, phishing attacks, unauthorized intrusions, and other emerging threats, as well as by freeing IT resources from virus eradication and system cleanup activities. With the Cisco SA 500 Series, you can safely deploy new business applications without opening up security holes. Mobile employees and business partners can also securely connect to your network over the Internet using IP Security (IPsec) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN services. With a Cisco SA 500 Series solution protecting your network, you can focus on growing your business without worrying about the latest security threats.
Cisco SA540 Product Overview
- Full-strength protection at full speed: ProtectLink Gateway services are delivered via a unique cloudbased approach. Emails destined for your small business are first inspected by Cisco’s technology partner, Trend Micro, using enterprise-class inspection capabilities to stop a greater range of threats. For example, ProtectLink Gateway will scan your emails for more than 3 million different virus patterns and more than 400,000 spyware patterns. Additional antispam technology is provided via 10 different inspection technologies that evaluate not just the sender’s network address reputation, but also the actual content of the email itself. Other small business products cannot make similar claims. In addition to the security benefits this approach provides, it avoids the compromise many other vendors make of having to slow down the bandwidth of traffic in order to inspect email and web content. With ProtectLink Gateway, more threats are stopped before they get to your business, without affecting bandwidth.
- Antivirus: Award-winning antivirus technology shields your internal network resources from both known and unknown virus attacks, at the most effective point in your infrastructure, the Internet gateway. Filtering your email and web traffic at the perimeter eliminates the need for resource-intensive cleanup of an infection and helps ensure business continuity.
- Antispyware: Blocking spyware at the gateway prevents it from entering your network through Internet traffic (HTTP and FTP) and email, avoiding costly spyware removal procedures and improving employee productivity.
- Antispam: Effective blocking of spam, with very low false positives, helps restore the effectiveness of email, so that communication with customers, vendors, and partners continues uninterrupted.
- Antiphishing: Identity theft protection guards against phishing attacks, thereby preventing employees from inadvertently disclosing company or personal details that could lead to financial loss.
- URL filtering: Web and URL filtering can be used to control employee Internet usage by blocking access to inappropriate or non-work-related websites, improving employee productivity and limiting the risk of legal action by employees exposed to offensive web content.
Cisco SA540-GW25BUN3-K9 Specifications:
Michael RehacDirect: 716-213-6898