Patton Smartnode 4941 Series VoIP Gateway
Patton Smartnode 4941 Hi-Capacity T1/E1 VoIP Gateway
The Patton Smartnode 4941 digital gateway provides TDM to SIP conversion for up to 120 channels. Models offer either 1 T1/E1 port or 4 T1/E1 port and may be field upgradeable (available by model). The Smartnode 4941 Patton Gateway connects to the WAN with a single 10/100/1000 port and includes an external UI power supply. The SN4941 improved upon the SN4940 with the addition of a high precision 5ppm clock source.
Patton Smartnode 4941 Overview
As enterprises move toward unified communications, the SmartNode™ 4941 VoIP Gateway provides a smooth transition by either IP-enabling traditional PBX systems for SIP trunking over existing Internet connection, adding PSTN-breakout for number portability, or enabling PSTN access for IP PBX and unified communications systems. Preserve investment in legacy phone equipment while taking the next step toward unified communications with Patton’s proven SmartNode™ VoIP solutions. With comprehensive signaling protocol support, the SN4941 supports SIP, H.323, ISDN, and T1/E1 telephony—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX—over TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet services simultaneously.
With up to four T1/E1/PRI ports, connect to any switch, PBX or data network for up to 120 simultaneous calls using SIP, T1, E1 or PRI signaling. The SN4941 also supports all the industry-standard CODECs, delivering toll-quality voice on every call. Proven interoperability with all the major-brand softswitches and IP-PBXs makes it easy for carriers and enterprises to deploy future-proof VoIP systems quickly and profitably. Featuring high reliability and touchless auto-provisioning, tens of thousands of SmartNode™ devices are up-and-running in enterprise and carrier networks worldwide. By providing PSTN breakout, SmartNode™ ensures voice survivability for reliable enterprise-class communications.
Patton’s unique high-precision 5ppm clock enables first-line IP telephony services in demanding DECT PBX environment plus reliable FAX and modem performance.
Patton Smartnode 4941 Features
• Up to four T1/E1/PRI ports (NE/TE)
• Signaling support (ISDN DSS-1, NI-2, Q.SIG, CAS Robbed bit loop and ground start, E&M, immediate, wink, double wink)
• ISDN AOC/ECT • ISDN speech, audio & data (Fax Gr 4, UDI 64, RDI64)
• ISDN supplementary services
• CAS protocols: RBS (Loop start, ground start, E&M wink, intermediate, double-wink) and R2/MFC-R2 (Q.400–Q.490 and Configurable country profiles)
• SIPv2 (SIP Info, Update, PRACK, Privacy, Refer)
• Optional SIP Registrar
• H.323v4 (H.235, Early H.245, H.245 tunneling, fast-connect)
• Codec G.711 a-law/mu-law, G.723, G.729ab, G.726, G727, T.38 fax relay (9.6 k, 14.4 k)
• G.711 transparent fax and bypass
• 128 ms echo cancellation
• Transcoding for up to 64 channels
Call Routing and Services:
• Regular expression call routing and manipulation
• number blocking
• digit collection, distribution and hunt groups
• One 10/100/1000 TX Ethernet Port