Spectralink 8440 Black WiFi Phone for Lync
The Spectralink 8440 Black WiFi Phone (2200-37150-001) with support for Microsoft Lync is an open SIP platform 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi phone which features a WebKit browser and XML API, and Push-To-Talk (PTT) functionality. When used with Microsoft Lync, it also supports instant messaging, presence, and Outlook calendar integration.
Battery and Charger must be ordered separately
Spectralink 8440 Overview
Demonstrably increasing worker productivity and organizational cost savings, the SpectraLink 8400 series of Wi-Fi phones allows on-site professionals to connect with customers, colleagues, and all the applications they need to perform their best. Designed with the requirements of on-site workers in the healthcare, retail, hospitality, and manufacturing industries in mind, the SpectraLink 8400 handset unites the most critical elements of workplace communications within a single mobile device that is highly reliable, extra durable, and easy to use.
With the Polycom SpectraLink 8400 series, you also benefit from a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and open standards designs that make it easy to integrate with your organization’s Wi-Fi infrastructure, telephony systems, and business applications. This enables you to leverage your existing investments and evolve your mobile technology needs to meet your organizational changes.
The Polycom SpectraLink 8400 series enables mobile professionals to be reached immediately and reliably throughout your workplace. Whether attending to patients, customers, or guests, the SpectraLink 8400 series allows workers to fulfill their goals and deliver the very best care, service, and response times for any need. Instant alerts immediately notify workers of requests or alarms, so they can deliver services that directly impact safety, sales, and satisfaction.
Spectralink 8440 Features:
- WiFi compatibility only with VIEW Approved WiFi Access Points.
- 2.2 inch color LCD display, 240x320 resolution
- Four (4) Context Sensitive Softkeys
- Dedicated Push-to-Talk
- Message Waiting (voicemail) indicator LED
- 2.5mm and Bluetooth headset support
- Drop/shock: MIL STD 810F, method 516.5 procedure VI
- Ingress protection standard IP-64 per IEC 60529
- This model WORKS WITH MICROSOFT LYNC
- HD Voice Support when used with Speakerphone dock
- Up to 6 telephone line appearances
- Call Hold/Resume function
- Last Call Return
- Music on Hold
- Consultation Hold
- Call Transfer (Attended, Unattended)
- Overlap dialing
- Bridged Line Appearance (BLA)
- Three-Way Conferencing (local)
- Find-Me call forking
- Call Screening (Incoming, outgoing)
- Automatic Answer
- Call Park & Retrieve
- Group Call Pickup
- Call Waiting
- Multiple Calls per Line
- Do Not Disturb
- Calling party ID (name and number)
- Called party ID (name and number)
- Connected party ID (name and number)
- Call Forward (Busy, No answer, Unconditional)
- Call Reject
- G.711 (a-law, u-law), G.729, G.722 , G.722.1 Codecs
Didn't find the WiFi VoIP phone for Lync that you were looking for?
Check out these other SpectraLink phones:
- Blue Spectralink 8440 for Lync WiFi phone
- Spectralink 8441 for Lync WiFi phone
- Blue Spectralink 8452 for Lync WiFi phone
- Black Spectralink 8452 for Lync WiFi phone
- Spectralink 8453 for Lync WiFi phone
Don't forget to choose a charging option for your new Spectralink WiFi handset:
- AP Handoff Roaming
- Provisioning Options
- FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, TFTP
- Web Browser Support
- Voice Codec Support
- G.711 a/u law, G.722, G.729 a/b
- Call Notification Method
- Ring, Vibrate
- Screen Display Type
- Backlit, Color
- Headset Port
- 2.5mm, Bluetooth
- Intergrated Bluetooth Support
- Charger Base Available Separately, Power Supply Available Separately
- Battery Type
- Lithium Ion
- Memory Card Support
Don StefanieDirect: 716-213-6906
Why Pay $484.99 for the Spectralink 8440 Black WiFi Phone for MS Lync?
Multifunctional device - telephone, paging, intercom, messaging, and 2-way radio
Uses open SIP standard so will work on most IP Phone systems
No need for an SVP Gateway, will work with many 3rd party applications
For advice, reviews and industry insight... be sure to follow us online.
Questions on Spectralink 8440 Black WiFi Phone for MS Lync
Q: Can you set up ANY of the 8000 series wireless phones as a CA (common area) phone in Microsoft Lync 2013? We need portability and single use(r) for a security desk, and CA phone setup is common in CX600 and other Lync phones, but I can't get this question answered by anyone.
A: I have spoken with our distributor and Spectralink, and I'm sorry to say that the 8000 series phones do not support what are you asking.