Cisco MGBSX1 Gigabit Ethernet SX Mini-GBIC SFP Transceiver
This easy-to-install Mini-GBIC (or SFP) module provides a simple way to add Gigabit functionality to your Linksys switch. Gigabit fiber is often used to connect two switches together. The technology used depends on the distance between the two switches.
Linksys MGBSX1 Gigabit Ethernet SX Mini-GBIC SFP Transceiver
The SX module uses 850 nanometer wavelength light in multimode fiber optic cables, and can achieve distances up to 220 or 550 meters, depending on the fiber used:
- 62.5/125um MMF @ 160 MHz/km, up to 220m
- 62.5/125um MMF @ 200 MHz/km, up to 275m
- 50/125um MMF @ 400 MHz/km, up to 500m
- 50/125um MMF @ 500 MHz/km, up to 550m
- For other options, see the 1000Base-T (MGBT1) and LH (MGBLH1) modules.
For advice, reviews and industry insight... be sure to follow us online.
Questions on Cisco MGBSX1
No questions asked yet