Patton Smartnode 4971 Series VoIP Gateway
Patton SN4971 T1/E1/PRI VoIP Gateway
The Patton Smartnode 4971 series is a Patton digital gateway offering VoIP calls via T1, E1, or PRI. The SN4971 offers a variety of pre-built port configurations to meet every need. In addition, the SN4970 ships with IPv6 upgradeable hardware so you can future proof your investment. The SN4971 improves upon the SN4970 with the addition of a high-precision clock which makes the SN4971 a better choice than the 4970 for demanding ISDN or DECT environments and offers better Fax and modem performance. Regardless of which configuration you choose, the SN4971 series VoIP gateway comes standard with 1 10/100/1000 Ethernet port, external power supply, and 1 or 4 T1/E1/PRI ports.
Patton SN4971 Series Gateway Overview
Like every SmartNode™, the SN4971 supports every industry-standard codecs to deliver toll-quality voice on every call. The Unified Communications Agent™ (UCA) provides any-to-any multi-path switching (simultaneous SIP, H.323, ISDN, and POTS calls with routing and conversion between TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet networks—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX). VoIP-over-VPN with voice encryption provides secure voice and data via IPsec with AES/DES strong encryption and automated keying via Internet Key Exchange (IKE). In addition, advanced call-router functionality includes least-cost call routing with flexible dialed-number plan support.
SmartNode 4971’s unique high-precision clock delivers first-line IP telephony service in demanding ISDN and DECT environments with reliable FAX and modem performance.
Smartnode 4 port T1/E1 models offer Failover Relay which is PSTN fallback to ensure business continuity in case of a power outage. All SN4971 models include Patton's SIP Survivability Suite which includes PSTN Fallback in the event of a network outage, SIP registrar allowing SIP clients to continue to make calls in the event of a network outage, and dial backup enabling dial-up connection to the PSTN during network and power outages.
Patton SN4971 offers a smooth transition to VoIP with strong number portability. This allows you to continue to make and receive calls via the PSTN while your SIP provider is in the sometimes long process of porting your numbers over to SIP. When your numbers are completely SIP based, the SN4971 will dynamically switch to SIP so the transition from POTS to VOIP is seamless and instant.
The Smartnode 4971 models offer all the same features as the SN4970 models with the addition of a high-precision clock to deliver IP Telephony service in demanding ISDN or DECT environments with super reliable fax and modem performance.
Click here for the Smartnode 4971 Series Datasheet
Patton SN4971 Specifications:
• Up to four T1/E1/PRI ports (NE/TE)
• Signaling support (ISDN DSS-1, NI-2, Q.SIG, CAS Robbed bit loop and ground start, E&M, immediate, wink, double wink)
• ISDN AOC/ECT
• ISDN speech, audio & data (Fax Gr 4, UDI 64, RDI64)
• ISDN supplementary services
• CAS protocols: RBS (Loop start, ground start, E&M wink, intermediate, double-wink) and R2/MFC-R2 (Q.400–Q.490 and Configurable country profiles), fallback-relays on 4 port versions
•SIPv2 (SIP Info, Update, PRACK, Privacy, Refer), B2BUA, H.323v4 (H.235, Early H.245, H.245 tunneling, fast-connect)
•Codec G.711 a-law/mu-law, G.723, G.729ab, G.726, G727, T.38 fax relay (9.6 k, 14.4 k)
• G.711 transparent fax and bypass
• 128 ms echo cancellation
Call Routing and Services:
• Regular expression call routing and manipulation
• number blocking
• digit collection, distribution and hunt groups
•One 10/100/1000 TX Ethernet Port
•Web/HTTP, CLI with local console & remote Telnet access
• HTTP/TFTP configuration & firmware loading
• SNMP MIB II and product MIB
• Secure autoprovisioning for both firmware & unit/subscriber configuration
• Built-in diagnostic tools (trace, debug, call generator)
• Internal Power: 100–240VAC (50/60 Hz)