ADTRAN NetVanta 1638 48-Port Gigabit Switch
The ADTRAN NetVanta 1638 is a managed 48 port layer 3 10/100/1000 switch providing advanced access and distribution capabilities for Small and Medium Sized Businesses. With the combination of the advanced multi-layer switching fabric, high-bandwidth capabilities, and enhanced Quality of Service (QoS) features, the NetVanta 1638 is ideal in Gigabit-to-the-desktop deployments, and converged voice and data networks.
ADTRAN NetVanta 1638 Overview
The NetVanta 1638 rackmount switch provides 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 high speed option slots. Together these option slots can accommodate up to four 10-Gigabit Ethernet high speed links and can provide up to 80GBps of bandwidth between interconnected NetVanta 1638 switches. A field replaceable power supply and fan assembly ensure maximum uptime.
The NetVanta 1638 has been designed specifically for VoIP. The ability to automatically configure IP phones using LLDP-MED, and the ability to separate voice traffic onto voice VLANs, helps ease the deployment of VoIP.
NetVanta switches also support QoS to prioritize mission-critical traffic like VoIP and control network congestion. The NetVanta 1638 offers 802.1p and DiffServ Class of Service (CoS). It also supports frame tagging, as well as enforcement of tagged traffic received from trusted sources. Four egress queues (per port) are available for assigning traffic priorities using Weighted Round Robin (WRR) and Strict Priority Scheduling.
ADTRAN NetVanta 1638 Features:
- - 48-port multi-layer Gigabit Ethernet switch with up to four 10-Gigabit uplink ports
- - 48 – 10/100/1000Base-T Ports
- - Two high-speed interface slots
- - Non-blocking, up to 176 Gbps switching capacity
- - Line rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching
- - Static routes, RIP, OSPF, BGP and VRRP
- - Advanced QoS with support for 802.1p and DiffServ prioritization with four queues per egress port
- - 802.1Q VLANs, Private VLANs and VLAN assignment via 802.1x
- - VoIP ready with LLDP/LLDP-MED and voice VLANS
- - Automate actions with integrated Port Scheduler and TCL scripting
- - Business-class security with RADIUS, TACACS+, 802.1x and port security
- - Field replaceable power supply and fans
- - Optimized for iSCSI storage area networks (SANs) solutions
- - Wi-Fi ® Access Controller for centralized management of NetVanta Wireless Access Points
- - Cable diagnostics provide easy to use troubleshooting tools for copper cable
- - Familiar CLI and WEB GUI
- - Next business day advance replacements
- - Limited Lifetime Warranty