How do I troubleshoot Poly headset audio issues on my computer?
Nothing is worse than having audio issues during an important call, meeting, or class online. If you are having trouble receiving audio on your computer, there are at least a few things you can try before you contact tech support. In this post, we will take Poly Blackwire 3200 for an example:
- Go to Start > Settings (Gear Icon)
- Under System > Click Sound and you will see a screen like below:
From there you can check a few things:
- Make sure your computer is not muted. You will also want to check to make sure your headset is not muted:
- Scroll down, you will see an option to test your microphone. Make sure your volume is not too low. On the Poly Blackwire 3200, press the volume up button.
- Click “Manage Sound Devices” and select the output device. Make sure Poly Blackwire 3200 is selected.
- If the audio issue persists, you can click on “Troubleshoot”. The system will give you suggested actions to take. Ex:
- You can also try rebooting your computer to give the system a quick reset.
Learn more in the Poly Blackwire 3200 user guide: https://www.plantronics.com/content/dam/plantronics/documents-and-guides/en/user-guides/blackwire-3200-ug.pdf
Did you solve your audio problem yet? How did you do it? Share with all of us!