Rhino R4FXO-EC New Analog PCI Card From Rhino!
Rhino Equipment Has Released Their New 4 Port FXO Card With Echo Cancellation
The Rhino R4FXO-EC is a next generation analog PCI card for use with Asterisk and other open source telephony platforms. The R4FXO-EC features an on-board control element and on-board Echo Cancellation Circuit. The on-board control element prevents PCI bus “bit banging” which allows for lower CPU power, while the on-board Echo Cancellation circuit provides echo protection to ensure crisp clean calls.
Rhino R4FXO-EC Features & Functionality
- Asterisk soft PBX tested and ready
- Zaptel-compliant open source Linux module source code
- Proven Silicon Labs FXO DAA component – Si3050
- Silicon Labs international line interface device – Si3019
- Custom Rhino PCI interface chip means no excess CPU overhead
- Four RJ11 jacks at card bracket
- Field software upgradable
- All major signaling modes supported
- Loop start signaling for advanced features such as Caller ID and Distinctive Ring
Rhino R4FXO-EC Summary
The Rhino R4FXO-EC is an excellent alternative to analog PCI cards manufactured by Digium and Sangoma. With a price of $359.99, the R4FXO-EC is about $20USD cheaper than competiting cards, so for those of you on a tight budget it is certainly a available solution.