NetGear GS728TXS Stackable Smart Switch with 10G Uplinks Series
The Netgear GS728TXS is a 28-port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 10-Gigabit connectivity to deliver maximum throughput in SMB networks. The GS728TXS features enterprise-class applications, scalability and reliability, and flexible management options.
NetGear GS728TXS Overview
The NetGear GS728TXS provides 24 gigabit ports for connecting devices to your company network, including 4 10GE SFT+ ports for stacking or uplink servers. Two of the four 10GE SFT+ ports can be used to create a stack to create a single, logical unit with up to 40 Gbps of stacking backplane that can be configured and managed as one. Up to 6 GS728TXS smart switches can be stacked for a total of 300 network ports with full redundancy for unsurpassed reliability.
As a smart switch, the GS728TXS can be managed however IT admins want to configure it. It can be managed through SNMP software, a web-browser user interface, or for larger networks, NetGear's Smart Control Center for Windows-based applications can discover, configure, and upgrade multiple smart switches across a network.
NetGear GS728TXS Features and Functions:
- Fully exploits the power of 10GE servers
- Supports high-bandwidth applications such as data backup and replication, virtualization, video on demand and high-volume transaction processing
- Stack up to six switches for scalable switching that grows with the enterprise
- Auto failover creates a safety net so that if one switch in the stack fails, all other switches will be intact
- Four 10GE SFP+ stacking/uplink ports for up to 40 Gbps of stacking backplane
- Fiber-optic connections allow stacked switches to be placed in multiple physical locations, supporting remote or branch offices
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- MLD snooping
- Full support for IPv6
- DHCP snooping
- Protected ports
- NETGEAR Network Management System (NMS200)
Didn't find the Network Switch you were looking for?
Check out these other Netgear Smart Switches for business: