Netgear ProSafe GSM7248 Ethernet Switch - 48 Port
The Netgear GSM7248 is a Gigabit enterprise class switch with 48-ports with a non-locking design for full throughput simultaneously.
Netgear ProSafe GSM7248 Ethernet Switch Product Overview - 48 Port
The Netgear Prosafe Gigabit Enterprise Class L2 managed switches offer Layer 2 management and full Gigabit power at a competitive price. You can use this managed switch at the edge to improve work group connections, or you can use this switch at the core to upgrade a Gigabit Ethernet backbone. With an easy to use Command Line Interface (CLI) and a web-based GUI, users can easily manage and configure their network, as well as take advantage of Full Layer 2 implementation.
The ProSafe GSM7248 not only delivers throughout where you need it, but also offers flexible fiber connectivity through four combination small form-factor pluggable (SFP) gigabit 10/100/1000 interfaces.
Layer 2 management functionality delivers reliability, control, and availability. Static routing enables inter-VLAN routing and provides a faster network and more effective bandwidth management. Access control lists (L2-L4) provide robust security, while L2-L4 based QoS provides enhanced traffic management capabilities. The cost-effective Netgear managed switches create a more productive — and future-proof — network. With increasing bandwidth requirements from applications such as voice, video, database management, and other services that slow throughput and response time, you can unleash your network and enable maximum productivity with Gigabit Ethernet for today's high-performance environments.
Multiple NETGEAR fully managed switches can be managed via a single IP address. Optimize bandwidth, security, and control with full Layer 2 management capabilities. Network administrators can use any combination of these features to ensure uptime, availability, bandwidth and throughput.
ProSafe GSM7248 Product Features and Specifications
- 48 ports 10/100/1000 ports with Auto Uplink
- 4 Small form factor pluggable SFP Modules for fiber gigabit ethernet interfaces
- RS-232 Console port
- Forwarding modes: Store-and-forward
- Bandwidth:96 Gbps; 71.4 Mpps
- Switch latency: 20 us for 64-byte frames (1 G to 1 G)
- System memory: 128 MB
- Packet buffer memory: max support 1.5 MB buffer memory
- Code storage (flash): 32 MB
- Address database size: 8 K media access control (MAC) addresses
- Number of VLANs: 1024 (1-4093)
- Number of trunks: 64
- Number of queues: 8
- Number of static route: 32
- Number of routed VLANs: 32
- Number of ARP entries: 480
- Number of ACL rules: 224
- Jumbo frame support: up to 9 K packet size
- Acoustic noise: 48.8 dB
- Heat dissipation: 244.101 BTU/hr
- Mean time between failures (MTBF): 162,303 hours (~19 years)
- User Interfaces
- Command Line Interface (CLI) via console port (5 sessions)
- Web-based management via embedded HTTP server protected with
- Secure Sockets Layer
- (SSLv3) or Transport Layer Security (TLS v1)
- Telnet remote login (5 sessions) securable with Secure Shell (SSH v1.5, v2) LEDs
- Per port: Speed, link, activity
- Per device: Power, fan, RPS status