Many carriers are facing the customer demand for receiving carrier Ethernet services and supporting layer 3 services, which often times requires multiple hardware platforms. ADTRAN’s NetVanta 4660 is designed to alleviate this burden providing the functionality of both in a single platform.
Platform capabilities of the NetVanta 4660 allow the following key service provider benefits:
- Increases Service Agility through the integration of both a hosted and managed IP business gateway and a versatile carrier Ethernet over any media NID.
- Improves Asset Utilization through reduced equipment obsolesces especially in the wake of ever-emerging premium business applications.
- Simplifies IP Transformation by supporting both legacy and next generation services delivery over both legacy and emerging access technologies.
Supports Sustainability Goals with the elimination of multi-box aggregation and enterprise gateway solutions and optimized architectural models.
Features and Benefits
- Universal edge device supporting modular Layer 2/3 Carrier Ethernet services with four Gigabit combo interfaces (copper or small form factor SFP)
- All Ethernet interfaces include carrier Ethernet functionality
- Multiple WAN interface options:
- Dual and quad bonded VDSL2
- Quad and octal SHDSL (EoCu)
- Hardware-based SLA monitoring with automated data exporting
- MEF 9/14 certified supporting standard Ethernet OAM
- Layer 2 OAM (Y.1731 CFM, Y.1731.PM, and Y.1731 FM) and Layer 3 OAM (TWAMP) support
- Full-featured IP router for data support and Internet access
- Auto-failover and recovery for improved service robustness
- Plug-and-play auto line detection for easy installation
- RapidRoute technology for increased performance
- Stateful inspection firewall for network security
- Quality of Service (QoS) for delay sensitive traffic like VoIP
- Supports 802.1q Virtual LAN (VLAN) Trunking
- Optional Voice Quality Monitoring (VQM) and Mean Opinion Score (MOS) prediction
- Utilize recognizable Command Line Interface (CLI) or our intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Network Address Translation (NAT) for IP address concealment
- Optional IPSec-based VPN software upgrade
- Supports Terminal and Facility MAC-Swap Loopback to validate service turn up and trouble-shooting
- SynchE for Timing