Ruckus ZoneDirector 3050 WLAN Controller 901-3050-US00
Now, with the Ruckus ZoneDirector 3000 Wireless LAN (WLAN) any organization with a limited IT staff and budget can quickly and inexpensively create a highly-secure wireless LAN (WLAN).
Capable of centrally managing up to 500 ZoneFlex 802.11g and 802.11n Smart Wi-Fi access points (APs)from a single location, ZoneDirector 3000 is designed for ease of use, high performance, and low cost of ownership.
Ruckus Smart Redundancy ensures high network availablity and is easy to use with automatic synchronization of configuration and authorized users between ZoneDirectors.
Ruckus ZoneDirector 3000 WLAN Controller for (50) ZoneFlex Access Points Overview
This ZoneDirector 3000 model supports up to (50) ZoneFlex Access Points.
The Ruckus ZoneDirector 3000 can be deployed and operated by non-wireless experts and installed quickly and easily. Any organization with limited IT staff and budget can create a robust and secure multimedia WLAN in a matter of minutes.
The ZoneDirector 3000 integrates the Ruckus Smart/OS application engine that delivers advanced features such as smart wireless meshing, high availability, hot spot authentication, elegant guest networking and dynamic Wi-Fi security.
The Ruckus ZoneDirector easily integrates with network,security and authentication infrastructure already in place and is easily configured through a point-and-click web wizard. Ruckus ZoneFlex APs automatically discover and are configured by the ZoneDirector.
Ruckus ZoneDirector 3050 Features and Functions
- Thin 1U rackmountable footprint
- Easy discovery from PC using UPnP
- Manage multiple locations and ZoneDirectors
- Two 1000 Mbps ports for full redundancy
- Lifetime warranty coverage
Smart/OS Software Suite and Application Engine
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management.
- SmartMesh wireless meshing automates deployment, eliminates the need to run Ethernet cable to every Smart Wi-Fi access point.
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs.
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle.
- Dynamically-generated Pre-Shared Keys (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients.
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Director, and RADIUS authentication with dynamic VLAN assignment.
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments.
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments.
- Minimizes erratic Wi-Fi behavior, enabling uninterrupted voice calls, through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming.
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum.
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control.
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness.
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network.
- Aeroscout location services support.
Didn't find the Wireless LAN you were looking for?
Check out these other Ruckus WLAN's.