Technical Support Engineer
To provide assistance and support to the Services & Operations department in our ongoing Customer Support, Help Desk, Remote Support, Provisioning Services, and Fulfillment efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Timely, accurate and positive response and resolution to customer’s technical support needs and questions.
- Proper triaging and escalation of tickets beyond scope of expertise.
- Completely and accurately assisting with configured services for customers.
- Properly test and troubleshoot hardware prior to defective return and test returned RMA’s for issues/problems etc.
- Assistance with provisioning of phones and configuring IP PBXs.
- Test new products in a lab environment per project assignments.
- Manage lab and inventory of equipment assigned to lab.
- Technical experience with PC / Phone hardware, particularly assembling systems from Motherboard-up, and installing/configuring Windows, Linux and Android Operating Systems.
- Previous experience, particularly SIP, VoIP, Networking, Configuration of VLANs, Firewalls and Unified Communications strongly preferred but not required.
- Strong troubleshooting and configuration skills in Asterisk, FreePBX, Elastix, Grandstream, 3CX PBX Phone Systems.
- Experienced using technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Particularly adept at researching and learning new products, services, tools and other productivity enhancing technologies.
- Must be able to listen and understand the customer’s needs before “telling” or “suggesting” anything, ensuring that the customer is receiving a solution that truly adds value.
- Must have a very strong need to complete tasks with great attention to detail.
- Must communicate with customers on their level, per their preferred method, to create a meaningful relationship and positive service experience.
- Familiarity with Zendesk ticketing system and Google Applications.
If interested in applying for this amazing opportunity with VoIP Supply, put "Technical Support Engineer" in the subject of the email along with your resume attached. Send to [email protected].
VoIP Supply, is committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.