New! Asterisk 16 and FreePBX 15 Are Now Available
Today Sangoma announced at AstriCon 2018 that Asterisk 16 and FreePBX 15 are now available! Several new improvements were made in Asterisk 16 and FreePBX 15 including advanced capabilities that provide developers with the tools to create robust applications. The new upgrades will improve performance, make system management easier for administrators, and allow developers to build solutions that are more adaptable to end-user environments.
Asterisk 16 Overview
- Improved Video Conferencing Performance reduces the risk of frozen video frames and provides a world-class framework for creating cutting-edge video applications.
- Enhanced Messaging Support gives developers the ability to build rich client applications with text-based data exchanges. Now, multi-party video conferencing client applications can share URLs, list conference participants, highlight talkers, and enable multi-party chat.
- Improved Call Handling decreases the system memory and CPU consumption required during high volume situations, most notably when utilizing the PJSIP channel driver.
FreePBX 15 Overview
- New Built-In API powered by GraphQL makes it easier to integrate FreePBX with third-party applications and enables users to create more efficient business workflows and processes.
- Redesigned Backup and Restore Process allows administrators to create custom backups, perform cross-version backup and restore, and enjoy more options for keeping their data safe.